As a trainee, Laura works under the supervision of directors Dr Robert Dempster and Dr John Lloyd on UK, European and foreign patent matters, with a special interest in pharmaceuticals, life sciences and biotechnology. She is also working towards gaining her UK and EU qualifications.
Before joining Script, Laura spent eight years in both academic and NHS research groups, obtaining her PhD in molecular and developmental neurobiology in 2019.
She has also been a member of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys Informal’s (student) committee since 2020.
- Student Member of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys
- Student Member of the European Patent Institute
- PgCert Intellectual Property (Distinction), Bournemouth University, UK
- Wellcome Trust PhD in Integrative Neuroscience, Cardiff University, UK
- BSc (Hons) Biological Sciences (Neuroscience), (First), The University of Edinburgh, UK
- Life sciences
- Molecular biology
- Genetics, gene therapy, and genome editing
- Small molecule therapies (including microRNAs)
- Regenerative medicine
- Stem cell technologies
- In vitro and In vivo models
Selected technical publications
- Cassels and Barde (2017). Scaling pain threshold with microRNAs. Science, 356 (6343), 1124-1125.