A patent attorney for more than 20 years, Rob is a respected advocate in opposition and appeal proceedings who is well known for his clear business-focussed advice on all aspects of patent law. Working with clients ranging from academic institutions to multinational corporations, he specialises in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals and is particularly active in the fields of immunology, diagnostics, antibody technology, stem cells, molecular biology, bioinformatics, medical devices, food technology, gene therapy, drug delivery and formulation.
Rob regularly presents to audiences worldwide on a variety of topics in patent law, and organises seminars and webinars on European biotech patent practice, including in the fields of antibodies, stem cells and recent EPO case law.
After gaining his Masters in Natural Sciences from Cambridge University and his doctorate in Pharmacology from Oxford University, Rob went on work in the IP department of Novartis and in private practices in the UK before joining Script in 2018.
- Member of European Patent Institute (epi)
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys
- European Patent Attorney
- UK Patent Attorney
- Post graduate certificate in IP, University of London, UK
- PhD in Pharmacology, University of Oxford, UK
- MSc in Natural Sciences, University of Cambridge, UK
- Life Sciences/Biotechnology
- Supplementary Protection Certificates
- Drug Formulations
- Molecular biology
- Molecular diagnostics
- Medical devices
- EPO Oppositions in Life Sciences/Biotechnology and Medical Devices
Selected technical publications
- CXC chemokines generate age-related increases in neutrophil-mediated brain inflammation and blood-brain barrier breakdown. Current Biology (1998)
- Chemokine targets in acute brain injury and disease. Progress in Brain Research (2001)