A co-founder of Script IP with 20 years’ experience in private practice, Andy specialises in electronics, software, telecommunications, semiconductors and engineering.
As well as drafting and prosecuting a large number of patent applications before the UK and European Patent Offices and in other jurisdictions, he regularly appears before the Opposition Divisions and the Boards of Appeal of the EPO. He also has considerable experience of restoring valuable applications which have lost rights due to errors made elsewhere.
He frequently lectures on external courses and seminars, particularly for patent attorney training modules (including the UK’s ‘Final Diploma Paper 4’ (Patent Infringement and Validity) and Europe’s ‘Patent Drafting’ and ‘Patent Amendment’). He is a visiting lecturer on Patent Law at Exeter University Law School. He is a member of the Joint Disciplinary Panel of IPReg, the Regulator of patent attorneys in the UK.
Prior to working in IP he spent 10-years in electronic engineering with both UK and international organisations where he was involved in research, design and managing multinational projects.
- Member of European Patent Institute
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys
- Member of the Institute of Engineering and Technology (formerly the Institute of Electrical Engineers - IEE)
- Member of the Engineering Council
- Member of Fédération Européenne d'Associations Nationales d'Ingénieurs
- European Patent Attorney
- UK Patent Attorney
- Design Attorney
- Intellectual Property Litigation Certificate
- Chartered Engineer
- Registered European Engineer
- Post graduate certificate in IP Law, Queen Mary, University of London, UK
- MA in Strategic Studies, King's College, University of London, UK
- BEng(Hons) in Electronics & Semiconductors, Salford University, UK
- Electronic engineering
- Hardware and software engineering
- Analogue & digital electronics
- Digital audio and video
- Microprocessor architectures
- Peripherals & memory devices
- Wired and wireless telecommunications systems
- Consumer electronics
- Secure networks and financial systems
- Data processing techniques
- Imaging technologies
- Autonomous guidance & control systems