Julia joined the patent profession in 1997, beginning her career at D Young & Co as a trainee patent attorney and becoming a partner in 2006.
She regularly attends hearings at the European patent office before the Examining Division, Opposition Division and the Boards of Appeal, and also provides infringement opinions for UK companies. Her breadth of experience means she can advise on the widely differing needs of clients ranging from individual inventors to international corporations.
Before entering the patent profession, Julia spent two years with the UK Radiological Protection Board computer modelling the effects of radiation leaks. She then studied for a Masters Degree and a French Engineering qualification before moving to the European Patent Office where she examined patents in the physics field.
Julia is an Examiner for the European Qualifying Examination (the body responsible for assessing candidates for entry onto the official Register of European Patent Attorneys).
- Member of European Patent Institute (epi)
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys
- Chartered UK and European Patent Attorney
- Masters degree in Applied Energy and a Diplome d'Ingenieur in Chemical Engineering - Cranfield Institute of Technology/ Universite de Technolgie de Compiegne
- Honours Degree in Physics and Electronic Engineering, University of Birmingham, UK
- Physics, Electronics & Mechanical
- Vacuum Pumps
- Fluid flow
- Green energy
- Optics and consumer electronic fields
- Microprocessor design
- Digital audio and video technologies
- Graphics processing
- Memory devices
- EPO Hearings and Oppositions