Tom joined us in 2021 from another private practice and is a qualified UK and European patent attorney.
Representing clients ranging from individual inventors and start-ups to multi-national corporations, he has already built a broad foundation in prosecuting patent applications before the UK IPO and the EPO, and drafting both GB and European patent applications. The patents Tom has handled span many fields of technology and include medical equipment, telecommunications, vacuum pumps and systems, and satellite applications.
Prior to joining the patent profession, Tom developed a passion for cosmology while completing an integrated master’s degree in physics at Durham University, and spent his final year researching the fine-tuning of cosmological parameters through simulating the evolution of the Universe.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Member of the European Patent Institute
- MPhys (Hons) in Physics, Durham University
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London
- Chartered (UK) Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Physics, Electronics & Mechanical
- Surgical Devices & Medical Apparatus
- Vacuum pumps and systems